Re: macos 10.11

Am 2019-02-27 15:59, schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
On 2/27/2019 3:30 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
Am 2019-02-27 14:57, schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
Hey Adam,

I'm guessing the impact of not supporting 10.11 would not be that great but I'm not a mac user so I cannot be certain.  Are there any mac users opposed to this?  I'm fine with this if there is no uproar from the mac
user community.

This would be a good idea from this Mac user's perspective.

As a related question, can we state a policy on the website[1] that we
will support OS versions that are within their developers' support
cycles?  Older versions may work but we don't support them.

This would allow deprecating support for Vista as well.  Ubuntu 12.04
and 14.04 would be removed in April.

If we are explicit in this, we can move compiler and library support
forward to eliminate a number of work arounds in the codebase.  It also
allows users to predict KiCad support cycles into the future.

-S

[1] http://kicad-pcb.org/help/system-requirements/

This seem perfectly reasonable to me.  We could also add a note about
not supporting every single WM in Linux as well given the number of
issues that this has caused.

OK.  PR is at [1].  Comments on this wording welcome.

-Seth

[1] https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-website/pull/387