Auto zoom-to-fit and the symbol editor

When picking a new symbol we zoom-to-fit it.  However, when picking a different unit of the symbol being edited we don’t.

A user has complained about this[1].  However, it’s not clear to me on balance which would be better.  If you had a large symbol and were zoomed in on a particular area and needed to edit that area in multiple units, and auto-zoom-to-fit might be very annoying.  On the other hand, if one unit has stuff outside the bounding box of other units you might miss that.

Opinions on which would be better?

Cheers,
Jeff.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1823180