Re: Kicad's way of drawing filled zones

Does anyone have a good sense of which hardware / software platforms would be impacted by a switch to OpenGL 3.0 as baseline requirement?

As far as I am aware, all commercial tools in the space have more advanced / modern system requirements than KiCad, with the possible exception of Eagle. We have to consider whether supporting old graphics cards goes counter to the desire to have KiCad handle more professional use cases (including large designs).

The integrated Intel GPUs that are old enough to not have OpenGL 3.0 are no longer supported by Intel (everything since HD2000 series has it, as far as I know)

-Jon