Re: 6.0 action-based hotkeys proposal

Just an update here:

The compromise didn’t turn out to be one after all.  I had always assumed TOOL_ACTION::LegacyHotKey( HK_RESET_LOCAL_COORD ) looked up the hotkey’s ID and stored it in the action, but it doesn’t: it looks up and stores the key-combination.  So the proposal: "The default hotkey key-combinations are defined in the TOOL_ACTION constructors." is already how it works.

That means I can put the mapping stuff on the long finger.  I’ll still be able to get rid of the wxIDs and all their associated mappings.

With one caveat: the toolbars are still using the wxIDs.  So we also need an ACTION_TOOLBAR.  (Which will also remove yet another copy of duplicated UI strings when instantiating toolbar buttons.)

I thought about a CONDITIONAL_TOOLBAR as well which would use the conditions to set the tool highlighting, but I think that’s probably overkill.  We already have SyncMenusAndToolbars() which updates their highlighting.

Cheers,
Jeff.