Re: Context menu not shown in Pcbnew.

This is probably a good time for a few words about the new code.

CONDITIONAL_MENU (which we used to use just for context menus) has been expanded to also work in the main menu bar.  You can insert either ACTIONs or wxWidgets’ style IDs into it.  In either case, you no longer need UpdateUI event handlers as the conditions handle that.  This allows for much improved encapsulation (and wxWidgets isolation, for what that’s worth).

There is also now ACTION_TOOLBAR, which is more-or-less an equivalent for toolbars.  However, it doesn’t handle conditionals as toolbars have to be kept up-to-date at all times due to their visibility.  The modern toolset already provided SyncMenusAndToolbars() for this (so we still get improved encapsulation).  We could probably rename that to SyncToolbars(), though, as it no longer needs to do the menus.

Cheers,
Jeff.