Re: kicad aborts when wxpython is enabled

Am 2019-05-16 06:29, schrieb mdoesbur@xxxxxxxxx:
I've seen the following problem for some time when wxpython is enabled:

[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing reply
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has
not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
kicad: xcb_io.c:643: _XReply: Assertion
`!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
Aborted

If I disable wxpython everything just works.  I suspect it's a problem
with my configuration, since it's almost impossible to start pcbnew. Is
there anyone who has a suggestion where to look?

This looks like a race condition in the wxInit() between python and pcbnew. Can you please open a bug report for this?

-Seth