Re: Eagle plugin

On 5/16/19 4:31 PM, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> Am 2019-05-16 16:24, schrieb Wayne Stambaugh:
>> I'm fixing a bug[1] in the Eagle plugin in Pcbnew when loading stand
>> alone Eagle footprint libraries.  The fix is easy enough but I'm not
>> sure why the original code was written this way.  When the Eagle plugin
>> in loads a board, it uses the board layer line widths instead of the
>> line width defined in the EWIRE object read from the file.  Since I'm
>> not an expert on the Eagle board file, do footprints in an Eagle board
>> file use the layer line width defined in some board layer definition or
>> does each EWIRE definition define its own line width?  Thanks in advance
>> for the help.
>

> Where do you see this behavior?  In packageWire(), the width is loaded
> from the wire definition itself, not a different node.
>
> -S

Not if it's < 0.  This is where the issue was (line 1405 in
pcbnew/eagle_plugin.cpp).  The call aModule->GetBoard() was null when
which falls back to the <=0 width which interestingly doesn't seem to
cause any issues because the footprints looked fine to me once I fixed
the bugs.  I can certainly set the <0 line with to some KiCad internal
default.