Re: A consistent name for the Aux Origin?

Am 2019-05-18 09:12, schrieb Eeli Kaikkonen:
la 18. toukok. 2019 klo 13.38 Jeff Young (jeff@xxxxxxxxx) kirjoitti:

We need fewer origins.

I like the name Coordinates Origin, but why do we then need a Grid
Origin?  And why a setting for the displayed coordinates?
Shouldn’t that always be the Coordinates Origin?

Cheers,
Jeff.

I think this was already discussed in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1773638 and I explained why
distinct Grid Origin is needed.

Each of the current origins is useful in some circumstance. I think we are hoping to reduce the number of origins in order to reduce the complexity of the UX where possible. This might require alternative methods for some actions (e.g. grid swapping to get smaller grid points)

-Seth