Re: Strange program version numbering in KiCad

It used to be 6.0.0-dev but apparently this caused package version
issues so it was dropped in favor of the current version tagging scheme.
 There has already been at least one confused bug reporter about the
current versioning scheme.  Honestly, I don't have a strong preference
one way or another.  If someone can come up with a system that's
workable for everyone, that's fine by me.  I don't have an issue with
using something like 5.99.0.

Cheers,

Wayne