Strange program version numbering in KiCad

Greetings, all.

I just ran across something odd with the version number shown by the KiCad program(s).

I compiled and installed git master. When I ran it the version number reported is 5.1.0.1195. As I also compile and run the 5.1 version I thought I had a mix up when I did the compile. When I checked my 5.1 install it has 5.1.2.109 as the version number.

I would expect git master to report a version number higher than the 5.1 branch. Perhaps 5.2, or even as high as 5.9 as it is going to be released as 6 something, IIRC.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick

Follow ups