Re: wxWidgets Event Tables or Bind and lambdas

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:11:21AM +0200, Ian McInerney wrote:

> Other windows seem to use the Bind method with lambda functions for these
> small functions, and I have used them as well for some new bindings for the
> actionization when needed. My main question is, is it acceptable to also
> transition existing events (unaffected by the action changes) to use this
> paradigm?

Which registration method is used is completely internal to the class that
handles the events -- the same file contains both the registration and the
handlers. IMO, it should be consistent within one file (i.e. if there is a
table, it should be complete and not be augmented with additional runtime
bindings), but beyond that it doesn't really matter.

wxWidgets 3.0 generates a few warnings about initialization order of static
objects on MSVC when we're using tables, but these seem to be both harmless
and fixed with wxWidgets 3.1.

   Simon