Re: Reason for non-stroked zones?

Hi JP,

The new algorithm produced very sharp points where the min-width setting resulted in drop-outs.  These would be prone to peeling.  So I changed Clipper’s MiterLimit to nicely chop them off (giving square ends, but with angles above 90º).  I then modified Clipper to round them off so they looked like the old algorithm — but of course that will increase the number of vertices.

The two changes are orthogonal, though, so the second one isn’t required.  But do we want a preference for it?  (That preference could replace the preference for choosing the legacy algorithm since the new one with rounded corners mimics it pretty well.)

Cheers,
Jeff

PS: my boards are very simple, but beauty is important to me.  But as long as max_error and friends are adjustable, I don’t care what the defaults are.