Re: fp-info-cache question

Le 23/07/2019 à 20:09, Seth Hillbrand a écrit :
> On 2019-07-23 13:38, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 23/07/2019 à 19:22, Jeff Young a écrit :
>>> Hi Seth,
>>>
>>> I think that would work.  And you’re right — there probably aren’t
>>> enough project libs to require a cache for them.
>>
>> I am not sure to understand.
>>
>> The cache is by lib table, or by library file?
>> This is very different: if it is by lib table, I am thinking lib table
>> projects require a cache.
>
> The cache uses the combined global + project lib tables right now and
> stores in the project directory.  I am proposing making the cache only
> for the global lib table and store it next to the global library table
> and not cache the project library files at all.
>
> Alternatively, we could merge the cache and the table files.  Global
> library table file gets the global cache, project library table file
> gets the project-specific cache.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -Seth

Yes: why tho remove the project-specific libs cache?
2 separate caches for global libs and project is a good idea.

The best is to have a cache for global libs and a project cache for libs
not in global table.

Ideally, global libs could be only really a few libs like power and
device (for eeschema) or resistors, capacitors and a few other for
footprints

Therefore, local lib tables could have more libs than the global table.

The alternate way is for me the way to go.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS