Re: Patch: Fixing a compile error on Power PC

Agreed. That looks like it may be have been a rebase issue as the commit was for MSVC and shouldn't affect PPC.

@Tom, shout if you see an issue here. I've pushed the patch to master in the meantime.

Best-
Seth

On 2019-08-24 18:00, Steven A. Falco wrote:
I have enabled compilation for PPC64LE, because that was requested by
a Fedora user.  KiCAD builds fine for 5.1, but the PPC64 compilation
is broken on master.

The attached patch fixes that by reverting a small portion of commit
6cab769f41f.  Basically, on a 64-bit PPC machine, gcc defines both
_ARCH_PPC and _ARCH_PPC64, thus commit 6cab769f41f resulted in trying
to compile 32-bit PPC assembly code on PPC64.  Also, assuming the
assembly worked, we would have wound up with multiple copies of the
context code.

	Steve