Re: Kicad support for Linux on PPC

Hello guys!
I hope everything is going well.
I have a request for Jean: I see you have the kicad 4 package up to ubuntu
18.04. Great work indeed!
In those days I got a new laptop running ubuntu 19.04 and it is a x86_64
based.
I was wondering if you can have kicad 4 for this ubuntu 19.04. Yesterday I
tried to compile from sources but it fails due to:
Make Error at CMakeModules/CheckCXXSymbolExists.cmake:41
(_CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS):
  Unknown CMake command "_CHECK_SYMBOL_EXISTS".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeModules/PerformFeatureChecks.cmake:86 (check_cxx_symbol_exists)
  CMakeLists.txt:141 (perform_feature_checks)

See also
"/home/debian/packages/kicad-source-mirror-4.0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

The biggest issue here I want to got all my work done in kicad 4 (installed
in $HOME) then download the official ubuntu package then convert everything
to kicad 5.
Is it possible?

Regards,
Gianluca