Selection Highlighting

Hi Jeff (and others interested)-

I pushed a proposal for blurring the eeschema selection highlighting to my personal repo at [1]. Currently, I'm only blurring the Cairo selections, so don't run this branch with OpenGL yet.

I really like the new eeschema halo-for-selection paradigm but it does suffer for legibility issues on small text. The blur of the halo fixes this somewhat and gives the selection a smoother feel (imo). If folks like it, I'll write up some shaders for OpenGL to do the same. The performance doesn't seem bad on my machine, but I'd love additional opinions/comments

Best-
Seth

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~sethh/kicad/+git/kicad/+ref/blur_highlight

Follow ups