Re: Selection highlighting changes.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 3:20 PM Jeff Young <jeff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That was tried, but there were complaints that you then lose the differential colouring between different items.  (And it makes selections look just like highlighting — and there’s enough confusion there already.)

I'm not sure I understand the need for differential coloring inside
the selection highlight?
Highlighting nets are purple/pink, cross-probing is red, selection
could be some other bright color.

Another alternative would be to use the new halo but with clean sharp
edges instead of the fading-out / glow (which IMHO looks a bit
unprofessional).
I attach a crude mockup of what I mean..