Re: Allowable character set for symbols and footprints

Hi Evan,

The code prohibits the following in filenames:

\/:"<>|

Note that the prohibited list does not include spaces.  (In theory all the escaping bugs are now fixed.)

Netnames (and therefore pin names and labels) don’t have filename constraints, so you can in theory use anything that’s not a control character (<tab>, <return>, etc.).  However, we use [] and {} for bus definitions, so best to stay away from them in netnames.

I don’t know of any regression tests for this, but I never got the testing framework running on my Mac so I’m not terribly familiar with it.

Cheers,
Jeff.