Re: [RFC] Symbols and Pin mapping in v6 - Proposal

Hello Ajith,

In the future, please search the developers mailing list before spending
time writing a proposal.  You would have saved yourself a lot of time
since almost everything in your proposal has already been discussed.
Pin remapping support is already part of the new symbol file format
which has been documented[1].  As for the rest of your proposal, this is
primarily library organization which is a personal preference.  There is
nothing currently stopping you from creating atomic (fully defined)
symbol/footprint/3D model assemblies but that is not something the KiCad
project is interested in providing other than possibly a high level
format that encapsulates these entities for portability (which has also
been discussed).

Cheers,

Wayne

[1]: