kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Learn to Code KiCad at FOSDEM 2020
Are you looking to write code that improves KiCad?
On Friday, Jan 31 (the day before FOSDEM), we'll be hosting a Learn to
Code KiCad session in Brussels, BE. I will be there as will Wayne and
possibly a few other of the lead development team. We'll help you
understand how the various KiCad components fit together and work with
you to get your favorite feature from idea to committed code.
What you need:
1) An identified bug report (or multiple) that you'd like to address.
This can be either a legitimate bug or a wishlist feature that is
triaged in our system.
2) A laptop with your development environment
3) A launchpad account
4) A compiling version of KiCad
5) A working knowledge of C++ coding
What we'll provide:
1) Space, power outlet, wifi
3) A short introduction to the structure of KiCad and how the parts work
4) Up to 8 hours of development time with others who share your interests
5) Clarifying insights to your KiCad coding questions
At the end of the day, you should be able to get at least 1 and possibly
multiple bug report fixes under your belt and into the code base!
If you're coming to FOSDEM 2020 and would like to participate, please
e-mail me directly (off-list to preserve people's inboxes). Send me your
name/contact info and the list of 1 or more launchpad bugs you'd like to
work on during the day. I'll add you to our shared sheet (to deconflict
bugs people are addressing) and get you all of the relevant information
for the meeting.
KiCad Services Corporation KiCad Services Corporation Logo
www.kipro-pcb.com <https://www.kipro-pcb.com/> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx