Re: OCE vs OCC

On 2019-11-16 08:42, Steven A. Falco wrote:
It looks like Fedora may be switching from OCE to OCC, so I'm doing a
trial build with OCC.

How would folks recommend testing the build?  I'm not sure what would
be necessary.

Also, I have a question about CMakeLists.txt.  Around line 91, it says:

option( KICAD_USE_OCC
    "Build tools and plugins related to OpenCascade Technology
(overrides KICAD_USE_OCE, default OFF)"
    OFF )

Note the comment that says KICAD_USE_OCC will override KICAD_USE_OCE.
Thus, one would think that just setting KICAD_USE_OCC=ON would be
sufficient to automatically set KICAD_USE_OCE=OFF

Also, the code at line 472 makes it look like setting KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
would set KICAD_USE_OCE=OFF.  However, in my build, that didn't work,
and I had to explicitly set KICAD_USE_OCE=OFF.

	Steve

Thanks Steve!  I'm very happy to hear that Fedora is switching.

I pushed a fix for the issue you've identified.

Best-
Seth

Seth Hillbrand
KiCad Services Corporation