Re: Back annotate references from PCB

Hi Wayne,
thanks for answer.
Hopefully I will show you commit soon, so team could look, check and
suggest something about that. I'm aware about differences between
PCBnew and eeschema and just now I'm writing algorithm that will check
it.
Do you mean that some schematic file(.sch) can be used in more than
one projects? So, I don't plan to change the unique IDs and those
components will still be linked to each other, but if references will
be changed it will make a mess in another project.
I have 3 ideas how I can deal with that:
1) create a dialog, which will say something like "please make sure,
that your schematic files are not shared between different projects"
2) I can go by recently opened projects, parse schematics in each of
them and look if any schematic uses sheet, which already in use in
current project. I'm now sure, but I would presume, that it will be
quite slow.
3) To hold information in what project this particular schematics was
used. So that's should be saved in .sch file then. But I don't think
that information will be very valuable.