Re: Back annotate references from PCB

On 2019-11-22 2:29 p.m., Brian wrote:
Can someone tell me an example use-case for a single schematic symbol corresponding to multiple board entities within a single project?

Here is another example use case.

I drew up the schematic for an LED sign panel. It has 10 8x8 LED blocks in two rows of 5 blocks. Each column pair of LED blocks has the same wiring with only the component references being different. I could have used a single schematic file showing the wiring 5 column pairs of LEDs. I didn't actually do that because I either didn't know the feature existed or didn't know how to make use of that feature at the time.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick