v6 roadmap and schedule (was: Re: 5.1.5 released.)

pe 29. marrask. 2019 klo 15.56 Wayne Stambaugh (stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx)
kirjoitti:

> It's not as up to date as it should be but it's pretty close
>
> https://docs.kicad-pcb.org/doxygen/v6_road_map.html

As you surely know, everybody is very interested about not only the
features but also the schedule. In the recent interview you said:

"With Version 6 – due next year – it aims to close the feature parity gap
with the most popular commercial tools in the market."

How realistic this schedule looks right now? I expect you meant the end of
the year.

It would be also interesting to know the order in which the major features
are coming in, and what is coming for sure and what is less sure. For
example, the donation campaign video showed that there are some major parts
more or less ready, waiting to be included. But there has been complete
silence since then. I have been anxiously waiting to be able to test them
in action :)

Eeli Kaikkonen