Version String using KICAD_VERSION

Is the version string supposed to be able to be overridden on the CMake
command line (e.g. specifying -DKICAD_VERSION="blah")? It appears that the
version string defined by CMake is always taking priority (then the git
string is used afterwards if it exists), so this flag is being overwritten.

I assume that this is something we are fine with, (if so I can cleanup the
documentation and some of the CMake code around it). If not, then I guess
we need to fix it.

Is there anyone actively trying to use the -DKICAD_VERSION flag? Should we
still support that (or only support the KICAD_VERSION_EXTRA flag?

Thanks,
-Ian

Follow ups