Re: Advice on merge request

Hi Brian,

For the first question, you could cherry-pick all the commits from
Alexander's merge request onto your own feature branch (rebasing your own
commits on top of his).
Once his MR is merged, you can just rebase your branch on top of latest
master, dropping the cherry-picked commits and just keeping your own.
Then, open your own merge request. Does that make sense?

I see no problem directing people to your fork/testing branch to compile
and test on their own.
Providing pre-compiled binaries of your branch is a bit more risky as it
could potentially result in people forgetting they have it installed, then
opening bug reports with version info that makes no sense.
My input here is only a suggestion, but my suggestion is to do as much
testing as possible with users who are also able to compile KiCad from
source, and then wait to collect wider feedback until your proposed changes
have been approved by the development team, merged, and are available in
nightly builds.  It's always possible for you to do follow-on merge
requests to make any additional changes you desire after your initial
feature has been merged.

Best,
-Jon