Re: What is the right build target to produce an installation zip.

I guess you could just specify he CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX and do make
install if you like, but keep in mind that all the dependencies should
also be available. This is what the packaging scripts do.

If you are developing, I think you can just start kicad from the msys2
mingw64 shell.