Using Master branch / Nightly builds for work on new projects - Is it safe?

I use KiCad master branch to work on project at home since years..
I know the risks but I think I had only a small issue once because of this.

If I understood correctly, for the roadmap in progress, it is planned some file changes and so on..

Is it safe to create new projects and working on it with the Master with the planned changes?
Will it need any special attention at some time in the future?
Any sensitive areas?

I think this would be also useful for other users that are using nightly builds or on a similar situation than me.

Mario

Follow ups