Re: Repeat request for help from icon maintainer.

JP

Thanks for this.

Unfortunately, inkscape and pngcrush seem to be a work in process on Msys.

If I install the package

    $ pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-inkscape

and run inkscape I get the error

    $ inkscape
    C:/msys64/mingw64/bin/inkscape.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libpoppler-89.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I build inkscape in MSYS and run make install I get

    [  0%] Built target potrace
    make[2]: Entering directory '/home/bjpic/debug'
    [  0%] Creating 48 pixel tall C:/msys64/home/bjpic/debug/bitmaps_png/tmp/wizard_add_fplib_icon.png
    Unknown option --without-gui
    [  0%] Creating 16 pixel tall C:/msys64/home/bjpic/debug/bitmaps_png/tmp/folder.png
    Unknown option --without-gui
    [  0%] Creating cleaned file C:/msys64/home/bjpic/kicad/bitmaps_png/png_16/folder.png

running inkscape --without-gui causes the same error.

Similarly, installing the pngcrush package in msys2 pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-pngcrush results in the warning

$ pngcrush
Warning: versions are different between png.h and png.c
  png.h version: 1.6.34
  png.c version: 1.6.37

Making pngcrush under msys2 fails with a forced error.

In general it seems that many related utilities under Msys2 are a dogs breakfasts.

Perhaps for the moment it would be best if I simply made my bitmaps manually.

Brian