Re: Cryptic characters in source

## Brian Piccioni (brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> Perhaps I misunderstand but I don't see anything (screen grab from
> notepad++ on Windows 10)

Windows Line Endings, aka CR-LF. Unix-like systems use LF (line feed)
only, while Windows uses carriage return+line feed.
The usual representation on Linux terminals (vt100 heritage, I think)
is Ctrl-J for line feed and Ctrl-M for carriage return - thus some
"M-like" character (sometimes also shown as ^M or the like).
Git usually hides that (see setting core.autocrls), but AFAIK does
not fix it once you've got mixed endings in one file.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Spare Space