Re: Compile problem with Fedora 32

On 5/14/20 1:28 AM, victor tejada wrote:
Hello, guys, I tried to compile kicad source code on fedora 32 but the error is
"ImportError: No module named wx
CMake Error at CMakeModules/FindwxPython.cmake:52 (message):
  wxPython/Phoenix does not appear to be installed on the system
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:740 (find_package)"
so wxPython 4.0.1 is installed on my pc.

I don't understand what happened.

I'm not sure which version of KiCad that you are trying to build.  I've built 5.1.6 for F32, and you can install it from the testing repository.  In 6 days it will be pushed to the stable repository.  Here is a link to bohdi, which lists a command that you can use to install:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2020-6371942327

You can also download the source and binary packages directly here:

https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1506421

If you grab the source rpm file, you might try rebuilding it using mock.  Mock will pull in all the dependencies while building.

	Steve