Re: Compile problem with Fedora 32

Hi,

On 14.05.20 07:28, victor tejada wrote:

> Hello, guys, I tried to compile kicad source code on fedora 32 but the
> error is
> "ImportError: No module named wx
> CMake Error at CMakeModules/FindwxPython.cmake:52 (message):
>  wxPython/Phoenix does not appear to be installed on the system
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:740 (find_package)"
> so wxPython 4.0.1 is installed on my pc.

Check that it's using the Python version that wxPython was compiled
against. IIRC KiCad still selects Python 2 unless told to use Python 3,
so if you have wxPython for Python 3, it will not be usable.

On any modern distro, you probably need to configure with

        -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3:BOOL=ON
        -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON:BOOL=ON
        -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX:BOOL=ON

   Simon