Re: Auto-generated backup files: are they useful?

While I agree that it is not KiCad's job to do archival backups or version control, I do think that KiCad should preserve the integrity of users data through a crash. Even better if the work between the last save and the crash is also preserved and recovered on restart.

I have had to use the backup files to recover data in the past. I have no idea if that recovery was related to something that is now no longer a possible issue.

-Hauptmech