Re: Castellated edge support in v5.99

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 3:42 PM jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is (since 6 months) some pad fabrication properties (see pad
> properties dialog), only enabled by the advanced config.
>
> I just enabled this option (removed from the advanced config option.)
>
> Castellated pad is one of these abrication properties.
>
> These properties are stored in Gerber files, so they need to be a pad
> property.
>
> Currently, DRC does not use these properties (in fact only Castellated
> pad can be used in DRC).

This being the case, would it be reasonable to make it used in DRC?
Ignoring pad/edge clearance would probably be easy, but I would like to see
it made even better for the user.

[image: image.png]

I want to be able to route tracks and fill zones. Basically there should be
no violation as long as the copper is completely inside the pad, even
though it's close to the edge which is outside the pad.

Eeli Kaikkonen

PNG image