Re: Automatic assignment of footprint with a database

Hi Jon,

thank you for your reply.

On 8/27/20 8:22 PM, Jon Evans wrote:
There is a draft spec:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qXwFPbYOwFXRNvjRN5BttRX_4esEDdYDt1cOpOmNc8A/edit?usp=sharing
I will check it out. Thanks

On 8/27/20 9:41 PM, Jon Evans wrote:
This is basically what I'm thinking, except I was planning to integrate it into the symbol chooser as well (so no need to open cvpcb if you don't desire)

How does your workflow looks like? I mean when I create for example a buck converter I place all the symbols, the choosen integrated circuit ... , but I just use a symbol for the diode or the inductor and set some values. At the end I'm searching parts which fit the requirements and then I can choose the footprint. I think for parts like diodes inductors and so you don't choose the exact part at design beginning.