Re: distributed build

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 3:43 PM Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> ## Seth Hillbrand (seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>
> > You can use the cmake flag -DUSE_DISTCC.  I frequently use this.
>
> Does distcc speed up the build that much? (Here the full package
> build - chroot cloning, dependencies installation, kicad build and
> packaging - takes between 8 and 9 minutes).

When building on a laptop, I like to use distcc to reach back to my
desktop.  The laptop will take ~20 minutes for a clean build.  With DISTCC,
this is about 10 minutes.  This is a bit longer than the desktop by itself
but much faster than otherwise.

-Seth
--
[image: KiCad Services Corporation Logo]
Seth Hillbrand