Re: request for comment about perhaps clearer strings

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 07:08:51AM -0700, Seth Hillbrand wrote:
> In the code, we have only one location that refers to "Power Pins"
> (backannotate).  And we have two that refer to "Power Ports" (Edit
> component and Add Power button).  We should definitely unify those.

good

> There are a couple reasons not to change the term from "Power" to "Supply".
> First,  we have symbol libraries with the "Power" term.  Changing the
> software to "Supply" would need to include changing the library.  Second,
> the term "Supply" in electrical engineering is reserved.  It refers to a
> direction of current.  It is the pair of "Drain".

clear & right

> Can you say a bit more about the confusion you are trying to solve?  Maybe
> we can address it another way?

Well, sometimes just talking aloud about a problem helps resolving it.
The confusion was just in my mind. I now understand that I have just
translated it wrongly. I'll fix it all both in 5.1.* and in master.

Thanks!

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa