Re: Evaluating cross-selection between the 3D-Viewer and Pcbnew

It's part of the kiway mail messaging system.  Take a look at the
kiway*.{h/cpp} files.  I'm not sure if the 3D viewer is derived from
KIWAY_PLAYER.  If it is, this should be fairly straight forward assuming
you can figure out the component position from the model geometry and
translate that back to the board position.  If not, you will have a lot
more work to do.  I do no want to add another messaging protocol to the
board editor.