Re: KiCAD nightly builds for Arch

Hi Seth,

Much appreciated. My GitLab username is "DX-MON" (minus the quotes).
I have not yet created a repo for the scripts, but I can get that done in fairly short order.

I imagine it'll be easiest if I push directly to gitlab.com as then the repo can be transferred in or so. The repo will be located at https://gitlab.com/DX-MON/kicad-arch-builder and the two AUR repos it'll reference are https://aur.archlinux.org/kicad-nightly.git and https://aur.archlinux.org/kicad-library-nightly.git as you have already found.

Combining the approaches is definitely going to be an interesting challenge! I look forward to working with Nick on this.

Rachel.

Quoting Seth Hillbrand <seth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Rachel and Nick-

Nick is the current maintainer of kicad-git in AUR.  But this isn't
currently tracked in our packaging repositories.  Because of this, I can
see why suggesting a new package to the list would make sense.

There is certainly room in the packaging subproject for the Arch packages.
I've looked them both over and the two packages take different approaches.
There may be good reasons for Arch users to prefer to use one over the
other.  Ideally, we would keep a single "official" AUR set.  But this
should be in the packaging project.

So, for now, let's bring both package sets into the kicad-arch packaging
group[1] and we can work out the best way to support our arch users.
Rachel, please send me your GitLab username and the link to the git
repository where you are currently keeping your scripts (or the tarball if
there's no repository yet).  Nick, I think you have permission in the
packaging group to create the kicad-git repository.

Thank you again Rachel for offering to help contribute to KiCad.  We look
forward to working with you.

-Seth

[1] https://gitlab.com/kicad/packaging/kicad-arch