Re: A few run-time problems on kicad-git build on Slackware64-current Linux

Your issues in (1) are by design.

Whether that design is correct or not is another story.

I actually removed that behavior on Windows because Microsoft has a stable
api to determine top level window for focus.
Linux does not and GDK used to be but with the fragmented x11/wayland mess,
they removed the api call support to determine top level window.

And removing the focus calls instead are going to lead a rabbit hole of
things not working like hotkeys.