Re: kicad-msvc.r21621.b71ab01d-x86_64.exe AND kicad-msvc.r21619.2c3f9d30-x86_64.exe installs but does not start up-Windows reports as already running.

If this is the first time you are running KiCad 5.99, or you erased your
settings directory, you may be hitting
https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/7900 with that version.

If this is the case, try installing an older nightly (like go back a week
or so, just using the lite installer is fine) and try starting it up.  If
that works, you should be able to install the latest version again and have
it work.

-Jon