Odp: Re: SPICE_VALUE behavior

Hi Wayne,   Dnia 19 maja 2021 00:32 Wayne Stambaugh <  stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx > napisał(a):  The test cases look correct so I don't see any issues here.   Could you please check again with better formatting below? Hertz is a valid SI unit, so strings: "10m" and "10mHz" are valid, but  values ending with "Hzz" are invalid:       Scenario:  Input:  Actual behavior:  Expected behavior:  Result:  Positive  10m  Value parsed correctly  Value parsed correctly  PASS  Positive  10mHz  Value parsed correctly  Value parsed correctly  PASS  Negative  10mHzz  Value parsed correctly  Exception thrown  FAIL  Positive  10Hz  Exception thrown  Value parsed correctly  FAIL  Negative  10Hzz  Exception thrown  Exception thrown  PASS  Parsing strings in V7 wouldn't hurt, that's no problem, but the easiest solution is to reject all extra characters:     Input:  Actual behavior:  10m  Value parsed correctly  10mHz  Exception thrown  10mHzz  Exception thrown  10Hz  Exception thrown  10Hzz  Exception thrown   Best regards,  Sylwester   Dnia 19 maja 2021 00:32 Wayne Stambaugh <  stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx > napisał(a):  Hi Sylwester,   I don't know that we need to support SI units in spice strings but I  suppose it wouldn't hurt.  That would have to wait until V7 as it is a  new feature.  The test cases look correct so I don't see any issues here.   - Wayne   On 5/18/21 2:06 PM, Sylwester Kocjan wrote:  Hello!   I've noticed a minor bug in SPICE_VALUE class. Could you please let me  know if we should parse SI units in SPICE strings or ignore them, so I  can fix it? I think ngspice accepts units like, V, I, Ohm, but this may  be an overkill. The easiest solution is to ignore everything after  number and prefix.   See below the testcases I made on AC tab of Simulation Settings dialog:   Input:      Actual behavior:        Expected behavior:  10m         Value parsed correctly  Value parsed correctly  10mHz       Value parsed correctly  Value parsed correctly  10mHzz      Value parsed correctly  Exception thrown  10Hz        Exception thrown        Value parsed correctly  10Hzz       Exception thrown        Exception thrown   Best regards,  Sylwester   ______________________________  Mailing list:  launchpad.net launchpad.net  Post to     :   kicad-developers@lists.launchp  Unsubscribe :  launchpad.net launchpad.net  More help   :  help.launchpad.net help.launchpad.net    ______________________________  Mailing list:  launchpad.net launchpad.net  Post to     :   kicad-developers@lists.launchp  Unsubscribe :  launchpad.net launchpad.net  More help   :  help.launchpad.net help.launchpad.net