From: Mark Roszko
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 7:41 PM
To: Amit M
Cc: KiCad Developers
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Kicad functionality explanation help

>The number of issues is about 1170 on any day since a few months. My goal is to reduce the number of open issues to a bare minimum or eliminate them

You realize we only have <100 real issues right? You cannot look at the silly total displayed and assume. You have to drill down by tags.
A vast majority are wishlist items (849), not actual bugs.

Some bugs also cannot be fixed by wishful thinking, they are platform issues or user specific with no reproduction cases but we leave open for documentation. Some bugs are also slated for later fixes in newer versions downstream.

You came barging in assuming we are just randomly  committing code without plans. We absolutely do and have a workflow. Of course we are volunteers and work on what we want and when we want which is why we don't take kindly to someone coming in and accosting us that we need someone to manage us and spend months writing fizz buzz to work on KiCad which is already going slow.