Re: Problem opening a PCB file

Le 06/07/2021 à 17:55, Steven A. Falco a écrit :
On 7/6/21 11:30 AM, jp charras wrote:

Le 06/07/2021 à 17:17, Steven A. Falco a écrit :
I've found a project on github [1] that I am interested in, but I have not been able to open the PCB file correctly.  It seems that 5.1 is too old to handle this file, but 5.99 has several issues, as described in [2].

It looks like the ground plane is not being processed properly.  I also noted that the three "zone" buttons on the left pane of pcb_new are grayed out, which seems very strange.

I'm not sure if the original project authors did something wrong. I see both a .pro and a .kicad_pro file in the directory, so they must have switched major releases at some point.  But I'd still expect pcb_new to be able to deal with the board file.

    Steve

[1] https://github.com/phl0/MMDVM_HS_Dual_Hat/tree/master/hardware/r2.0-mini
[2] https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues/8739

Just delete the .kicag_prl file, or reenable the visibility of objects.

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Thanks - that helps.  But something is still wrong.  When I toggle the pads and zones visibility to turn them on, I see the zones filled in, as expected.

But then, when I type ^B, I get 88 unrouted nets, and if I had "Show filled areas of zones" selected, the filled zone in the center of the board disappears although the zone outline remains.

So it seems that something is still wrong.

    Steve -

^B removes the zone fill. B rebuilds the zone fill.

Jean-Pierre CHARRAS