Re: First Merge Request

Hi Mike-

Thank you for the contributions!  We're always glad to have new
contributors interested in improving KiCad.

In the merge request workflow, people will sometimes mark their merge
requests as "Draft" or "WIP" as you did for 883.  When you do this, we
generally won't look it over unless you ask for specific feedback.
Otherwise, we'll assume that it isn't ready for review and just leave it in
the queue.

In general, we prefer MRs address specific issues.  Typically, we will
discuss the problem in the issue report (sometimes you will get feedback
that the issue shouldn't be address).  In the MR, we typically only discuss
the code and how it is implemented.

We do not have any documentation at the moment on the KiWay system outside
of the doxygen comments.  Sending a KiWay is usually reserved for
communication between apps.  Inside the application, you would typically
call the routine directly or send a tool event, depending on the action you
want.

Thanks for the contributions and we look forward to working with you!

One last aside: as you probably know, we are currently in a feature freeze
for version 6.  There are a number of outstanding issues that we are
working through but we are not adding new features at the moment.  If you'd
like to take a swing at fixing some of the remaining issues, you can find
them here:
https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/-/issues?scope=all&state=opened&milestone_title=6.0.0-rc1&assignee_id=None

Seth