[OT-ish] Rotate while moving?

Hi,

I would swear that at one time in the past, while moving / grabbing a symbol or footprint (M or G), I could rotate it in the midst of the move/grab operation by pressing R.  Somewhere along the way, that stopped working; now I can only move, grab, OR rotate.

Is there some option that controls this?  Being able to rotate while moving saves a lot of clicks when I'm trying to determine the best fit, turning a part this way and that while moving it around...

I know this is more of a usage question than a development question, so please excuse the noise if this is the complete wrong place to ask.

Thanks,
-Brian

Follow ups