V7 Python API Development

Hello all,

I have seen a few posts regarding progress on implementing the new Python API (moving away from SWIG) on the forum and here on the mailing list but I cannot find anything formal about it on Gitlab. It sounds like there is some kind of, currently private, specification and there is (or at least was in December) intent to have it ready to include in v7.0 so I presume the necessary dev work is ongoing?

Please see:
https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg44066.html <https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg44066.html>
https://forum.kicad.info/t/python-api-development-discussion/23604/6 <https://forum.kicad.info/t/python-api-development-discussion/23604/6>
https://forum.kicad.info/t/python-api-status-in-v6/31929/ <https://forum.kicad.info/t/python-api-status-in-v6/31929/>

I am interested in getting involved in development in this area, in Python and/or C++, I just need an entry point. Can anyone point me in the direction of relevant issues, branches, documentation etc?

Thanks,

Oliver

Follow ups