kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: needed preparation for the actual translations of KiCad devel version

Le 14/08/2016 à 14:29, Carsten Schoenert a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> for testing the ML I will use this (a little bit offtopic) email to
> hopefully clarify some things for me and others.
>
> O.k., now that 4.0.3 is out of the door I was trying to do some l10n
> work on the current development branch of KiCad again after the spice
> simulation has arrived.
>
> But currently I'm struggling with a local build of a recent development
> KiCad version due the ngspice library dependency to enable the Spice
> feature.
>
> I'm running Debian testing (aka stretch) with some picks from unstable
> and experimental.
> Debian got the ngspice package in non-free [1] because of some license
> issues that makes it impossible to place the package in main. But that
> doesn't matter currently ...
>
> The ngspice nor the tclspice package is lacking a *ngspice*.so.* [2] so
> cmake of course can't find anything. So obviously the library isn't
> build or packaged by the maintainer.
>
> So I checked this locally and yes, there isn't a libngspice.so built.
> I changed the build to enable the build of the shared library
> (--enable-ngshared) and got a file libngspice.so.0.0.0 that I copied q&d
> into /usr/lib
>
> But cmake isn't find the library.
>
>> --   date_time
>> --   atomic
>> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:148 (message):
>>   Could NOT find ngspice (missing: NGSPICE_LIBRARY)
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>   /usr/share/cmake-3.5/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:388 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>>   CMakeModules/Findngspice.cmake:16 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>>   CMakeLists.txt:507 (find_package)
>>

>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>> See also "/home/carsten/gitprojects/kicad-source-mirror/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>
> So I'm wondering where and for what is cmake looking? Is the library I
> was putting into /usr/lib the correct library? How can I solve this issue?
>
> If I know what to happen I can contact the package maintainer who is
> hopefully accepting fixes.
> Anyone with a similar environment? And maybe the documentation for the
> KiCad build can be expanded with a little bit more information about this.
>
> [1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/n/ngspice.html
> [2] https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/ngspice/filelist
>     https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/tclspice/filelist

Looks like the ML works...

I am thinking libngspice.so.0.0.0 is not the right name.
Rename it to libngspice.so
or better:
Creates a symbolic link named libngspice.so pointing to libngspice.so.0.0.0.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS