kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Translation workflow, switch to central generated POT files?

CCing kicad-doc-devs ml, removed already subscribed users

Hello Kinichiro,

Am 24.08.2016 um 11:37 schrieb kinichiro inoguchi:
> Now, I am thinking about using POT file rather than GUI translators access
> directly to the KiCad source tree.
>
> If version universal POT is provided, translators can just use PoEdit only
> to translate GUI and no need to access the source code.
>
> Currently, every country translators refer to source code for each other,
> but I believe that all translators should refer to version universal POT
> file to localize.
>
> I would like to suggest about this on issues of kicad-i18n in GitHub
> recently.

than you would need a git-commit hook that triggers a rebuild of all
language POT files. Preferable on the more or less central side of the
kicad source tree. Means, if someone has pushed something the trigger
mus check if there is some update of the i18n POT files needed.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert

Follow ups