kicad-doc-devs team mailing list archive

wrong tag 4.0.5 for kicad-i18n

Hello,

while updating the Debian kicad package I was searching why the German
translation for various menus and UI elements is broken. I was double
checking every thing but the po file is correct.

By checking the mo file from the created package and created manually
for the 4.0.5 from the HEAD of the current 4.0 branch I see some greater
difference in the file size. That leads me to comparing the po files,
and here is the same. So something seems wrong on the base commit for
the tagging.

And yes, the respective commit for tag 4.0.5 is in the master branch!

> $ git show --shortstat 4.0.5
> commit b9e477affd86a38d1b652d5f8fa0b04bc45cead4
> Author: jean-pierre charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:   Mon Dec 5 19:47:59 2016 +0100
>
>     French translation update
>
>  1 file changed, 115 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)

> $ git log --decorate --oneline master
> 9c65b08 (origin/master, origin/HEAD, master) ru: KiCad/kicad-source-mirror@3d89fb6
> 00cb799 Greek translation update against source code commit 7318238daa
> b9e477a (tag: 4.0.5) French translation update   <----
> 02a9718 Updated Italian translation
> 8d86266 ru: KiCad/kicad-source-mirror@54c5f6b

So obviously the tagging must be fixed please! :)

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert

Follow ups